When generating sales leads, one of the most difficult tasks to accomplish is by actually getting people to do that work. After all, lead generation campaign is not exactly an intellectual activity. Whether we deal with buyers or sellers, all of them are driven by their emotions. That is why great generators of B2B leads are those capable of controlling their emotions. This is a quality that you should be looking for in the people you hire for the job. You may have a fool-proof appointment setting process, but if you do not have the people skilled enough to pull it off, then it will mean nothing. So, what should you be looking for in your appointment setters?
1. An assertive attitude – being timid on the job is not a good sign of a marketer. This is even more obvious if the medium of communication used is through telemarketing. You need to look for someone who can walk the fine line between passiveness and aggressiveness. Too much on either spectrum is not good for your marketing campaign.
2. Aware of their own actions – self-awareness is also an important quality in your lead generation representative. Knowing how they feel during the course of their work, as well as using that knowledge to generate sales leads, helps make the campaign more successful in the end. A lot of marketers fail in this regard because they let their feelings get the better of them.
3. Knows how to empathize – empathy is also an important aspect in your campaign. To be able to put yourself in the shoes of your prospects is also an integral part of building rapport. If you succeed in doing so, then half your work is already done.
4. Is capable of solving problems – no matter what you throw them, a good marketer would know how to deal with challenges. It is one thing to prospect for B2B leads, but to nurture your leads, establishing brand presence, as well as fending off the actions of your competitions, are just some of the things that a good lead generation representative must be able to handle.
5. Can stay positive despite everything – let us face it, telesales can be a very thankless job. More likely than not, you will be met with a lot of rejections during the campaign. To be able to stay positive despite all this, as well as translating that into actions and words during your work, is a hallmark of an excellent marketer. This is something that you just cannot ignore.
Of course, what remains here is the need for a good outbound telemarketing agency. This is a very important point to consider for both small and medium scale business. If you want to have a competitive chance against bigger competition, it pays to outsource the work to the experts. There are a lot of such firms to choose from, all claiming to be the best. Still, you will need only one marketing firm to make all the difference.