CNA License is awarded to a Certified Nursing Assistant, once she or he completes state and federal approved nursing training program and pass CNA Certification test. The award of Certified Nurse Aide license gives the title of certified and allows a certified nurse aide to work in different hospitals, long term care units, nursing homes, and other various health care centers.
But, it is also commonly known fact that due to over burden of work or freelance working as a CNA makes a Certified Nursing Assistant forget to renew CNA License. Similarly, numerous CNAs works as free lancer nurse aides, where the license is not demanded by the employers. These reasons also results in non renewal of the license and it gets lapsed.
Therefore, if the certified nurse aide is unaware of license validity, there are a number of ways to Verify CNA License:
1. Get a copy of up-to-date current CNA Certificate
2. Search for the local address of licensing authority and your state Nurse Aide Registry.
3. Check for the online license verification system. Few states can inform about the status of License through their online verification system.
4. Can visit state licensing authority office personally, if they do not offer online license verification facility. In this case a CNA must carry along license certificate and number, issue date, serial number and any other relevant documents, which might be needed for verification purpose.
5. Deposit Verification fees demanded by the licensing authority. Though fees may vary from state to state.
It is also essential to remember that verified license can be obtained in two ways:
First option is to request them to send hard copy of the license in your mailing address, which is recorded with them. It may take minimum 2 weeks for the license to reach you. The second option is ask them to mail it through your email id.
But, acquiring the hard copy of license is beneficial because, it bears the original seal of the issuing authority. The hard copy can also be furnished to employers or independent verification agencies for their own verification license.